Friday, September 08, 2006

8Ball Logic..#2

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Every once in awhile, I get a bug up my butt and start thinking about a food I really liked as a kid.. Then pretty quick I'm asking T to whip some up at which time I discover how wrong those memories can be.

Last year, I got it into my head that I used to like sauerkraut on top of my hotdogs. "YEEEEEEEACH!" That was a false memory. I can't believe I ever liked that crap.... Next in line was liverwurst. I used to eat it by the truckload. Liverwurst sandwiches using miracle whip salad dressing instead of mayonnaise. If you would like to use an effective way to torture someone.. apply the liverwurst and miracle whip sammish. They will be telling you what ever you want in no time flat.

Spinach! I used to sit in front of the TV and gobble my spinach along with Popeye.. Now just the smell of it in the can makes my stomach roll a bit.

My parents were children when the Great Depression was on and so in order to survive they had to eat all kinds of things that I never acquired a lasting taste of but, for some unknown reason.. now that I am over 50 years old I get to thinking about the rewind. The quest to touch a memory. Liverwurst ain't it.

Funny thing is.. I NEVER could stand cabbage and now? I can't get enough.

Go figure.

2 Comments:

Blogger keenEddie said...

I can't believe some of the stuff I used to eat when I was a kid... Spaghetti-O's with those little franks in them, baloney and cheese, Devil Dogs, ice cream with big chocolate chips and Fluff... and speaking of Fluff, the Fluffernutter sandwich: Fluff and peanut butter.

It's funny how tastes change over time. I can't even drink a whole can of soda now.

3:49 PM  
Blogger RicTresa said...

Spaghetti-O's! I recently, (about 4 months ago) got the idea I used to like them.. So T crought a couple cans home. I was wrong. They are as horrible as I remember.

Cheese with bologna is just wrong. Eddie. You have to slap on the Miracle Whip, first.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home