Saturday, September 11, 2004

911


911
Originally uploaded by RicTresa.

It was my wife's day off, so we were sleeping late. The phone rang.. I let the machine get it.
I heard our daughters voice, she was sobbing.. telling us to turn on the tv...New York...It was just awful.. And she hung up.

I got up, turned on the coffee and turned on the tv just in time to see the 2nd plane slam into the towers. I'm yelling at my wife, (who's still in bed) Geezus Christ Theresa! A plane just hit a building in New York!..........

Up until this point in time I had thought, (rather smugly) that I had lived long enough not to be shocked by much.

This event showed me how wrong I was. It not only shocked me but filled me with such grief. It was as though everyone of them were my personal family members, and the loss was almost to much to comprehend.

I end this blog with the words to, Taps:

Day is done
gone the sun
from the lakes
from the hills
from the sky
all is well
safely rest
God is nigh.

Fading light
dims the sight
and a star gems
the sky,
gleaming bright
from afar,
drawing nigh,
falls the night.

Thanks and praise,
for our days
neath the sun
neath the stars
neath the sky
as we go
this we know,
God is nigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home